You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this forum...

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3 Average
How do you remove the hard disk?
01-06-2010, 05:18 AM
How do you remove the hard disk?
Hello guys.
Simple steps are here.
1) remove battery,
2) in the middle you see the hard drive,
3) pull the clear plastic tab, the hard disk will simply pop out from the pin connector in a outer case
4) remove 2 screws from the outer case
5) slip the hard drive out
6) put new drive in screw up and push back in. THE SAME WAY
7) put battery back
thats it simple

china green tea[/align]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2010, 12:51 PM
RE: How do you remove the hard disk?
Great post

However, removing the battery on the motherboard isn't necessary, unplugging the power cable to the power supply and switching on the power (with no cable in) to bleed out the remaining electricity from the power supply to prevent any kind of a short circuit.

Using ESD (electro-static bags) to keep the hard drive in while not in a system , just to prevent short circuits while not in use.
01-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Johnny does have a good point here, but that is assuming you are replacing the hard drive on a desktop only. For laptops, you would absolutely need to remove the battery as well.

[Image: NightSig.JPG]
03-03-2010, 06:42 AM
I know how to remove hard disk so first of all i have remove battery so i appeared hard drive then i was pulled the plug but it was not leave grip.tell me any solution so i can remove it normally?
03-03-2010, 10:53 AM
(03-03-2010 06:42 AM)michaledouglas Wrote:  I know how to remove hard disk so first of all i have remove battery so i appeared hard drive then i was pulled the plug but it was not leave grip.tell me any solution so i can remove it normally?

Make sure that there are no screws securing the hard drive bracket to the chassis. I've noticed that on most notebooks, there is at least 1 screw that holds the hard drive snug in place against the I/O connector. The hard drive really should just release with a little bit of force but don't push too hard, you could cause damage. If it does not want to come out with a bit of force, then verify again that there are no further screws.

[Image: NightSig.JPG]
02-23-2012, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2012 01:28 PM by J0hnny B1aze.)
Its too informative and awesome thread of the forum
i really like this great and amazing work done too much